S☆G's studio sound

Where do I start!? I suppose with this!

The above is not a video! LOL. I don't understand why people disable embedding of YT videos. Maybe I'm missing some obvious reason, but whatev. I just end up screenshotting and making do. Here is the link to the above performance, the japanese in the vid's drop down section mentions some info on the group and roughly tells us;

出席者:SUPER☆GiRLS
2010年10月2日;SHIODOME−AX(東京・汐留)

Attendees: SUPER ☆ GiRLS
Sun October 02 2010; SHIODOME-AX (Shiodome, Tokyo)

My main reason for sharing this is that STUDIO VERSIONS of all three songs can be heard!! Most people know that from time to time -be it on TV shows, in concerts, or elsewhere- idol groups either lipsynch or sing with themselves. It always kind of disappoints me when I see it, but I know it's usually not the girls' decision. At their Shiodome-AX performance, S☆G members sang with themselves.

As in, the official recorded track played instead of just an instrumental and the girls also sang live. Thus we get to hear sort of a double vocal thing going on, it's especially noticeable during the solos. And when you hear the chorus or other group-parts, you can tell that it's a recording. But!! In this case I'm kind of excited, because before listening to this video, I had yet to hear what the girls would sound like in studio.

_______________________________________

NIJIIROスター☆ [0:00] Disappointment. In their live at TIF the girls were so energetic!! I know final recordings are supposed to be as good as they can be, smooth and without error. I suppose that's why I love concert lives so much, because you often get to hear a level of energy that you hadn't heard the song sung with before. SG sounds lovely, but I don't feel enough punch from the chorus. I guess part of my meh-ness could also stem from my not-exactly-love of the song.

Kizuna Days [0:33] I LOVE this song. I fell for it right away and I think it's an awesome early song for this group. I'll always look back on it fondly. I am happy with how it turned out! The girls sound enchanting. I am basing my thoughts now on the small amount of each song you get to hear, so I suppose you could say these are my 'studio version early impressions' lol. But I really like how this song sounds.

(click image to see larger) At 0:51 Leader Saori starts off the group introduction. The one they say all the time. I really want to know what they are saying!! I get "SUPER☆GiRLS. . . .desu!" I can't understand what they are saying inbetween that.

And then SURPRISE, they are given the news of their major debut with a bang! The first time I read about this was on Pure Idol Heart, this entry. Miyazaki Rina cries & talks, which is such an AW moment. And you can tell that Saori is a little choked up, though she holds it in better. And then...

Be With You [1:56] I really like how this one turned out too! The song itself is pretty rad and I love the finished result. I adore Miyari's solo!! You can hear the double voice, her with herself. I am a big fan of her singing! Afterwards we get some words from Amitayu, Miyari and Saori.

I can't wait to get the full length, polished off sound of all of these songs!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment