Pinkish: TIF + Videos

Pinkish @ the Tokyo Idol Festival 2010! As I mentioned before, the three girls who attended (L to R in pic above: Kanae, Mao, Haruna) only got about 27 seconds of spotlight in the video they appear in, which is of various lesser-known groups. They sang the A-side of the group's first single, released in 2008- Yume Miru Ichigo.

When I first first saw them, I fell in love with Haruna on the spot. She's pretty and sounds fabulous! I also couldn't help but love her hair, she pulled off messy-but-cute perfectly! Both her and Kanae sound great, and it's a shame that you don't get to hear Mao too, though perhaps she didn't end up with a solo. idk.

That's about it for the TIF performance, but I have more to share!! I'd heard of HMV before, but it was actually when I remembered that lilmenchi had mentioned it on Aidorabu that I thought to use it to search Pinkish.

Their album is listed AND you can preview 45 seconds of all the songs!! Being able to listen to the previews helped me very much when it came to matching a song title to a performance in a video! So now it's time for video sharing!!

Tooru is in a lot of these, but that's because I couldn't find anything else from 2010. And Tooru goes by some nickname, but I didn't catch it. Sounds like 'Pika' or something, idk. I decided to list these by song, the numbers indicates the track# on the album.

_______________________________________

04. Koyuki Furu Yo No Kogitsune



2009.11.8 ~ Haruna, Kanae, Mao, Aoi, Tooru

I love the opening melody of this song, and Haruna sounds beautiful! She is a natural, and sings with such strength and confidence. Moa and Kanae sound darling when they duet together. Then it looks like Aoi and Tooru duet, though I only hear one girl. Haruna's second solo bit doesn't impress me as much, but overall the group is marvelous! I love Kanae's hat with the bow and her slightly wavy hair.
_______________________________________

06. Densha Gokko



2009.07.22 ~ Kanae, Aoi, Tooru, Mao, Haruna

You have get through the talking & intro first, music starts at 1:39, singing starts at 1:54. I like that you get to hear a good amount of group-sung lines in this, and Kanae is so freaking kawaii! Her lines are short but sweet! She's definitely my favorite in this performance, though Haruna's solo towards the second half is good too. I like the chorus the most, it's really catchy, even if it's a tiny bit repetitive.
_______________________________________

07. Furusato



2009.10.18
~ Haruna, Mao, Aoi, Tooru

Oh the first slow slow song by them! Again, I like the opening melody (Haruna does an awesome job on it), but after a while the song sort of bores me. I do think it's pretty and relaxing, but it's nothing smashing. Tooru seems to get a bit lost with the dancing for a moment there, she looks adorably befuddled.

And I noticed what a swell dancer Aoi is! Always smiling too. Mao isn't always the most confident singer, she wavers sometimes, but she does have a good voice. Her and Haruna get the solos in this song, and they also duet together, which sounds lovely.
_______________________________________

Song Title ?



2009.07.22
~ Haruna, Tooru, Kanae, Aoi, Mao

The 3rd track on Pinkish's album is called Our Tanabata, and in the tags & video title it says "たなばたさま" which is the kanji for the song title. Which leads me to believe that the song they're singing should sound the like preview for #3 on their HMV page. But it's not; they sound like two different songs. So I'm confused, and not entirely sure of what song they're singing in the video.



Here is a second video of the same song, but I think the sound quality in this one is better, you can hear Haruna clearer. You've got to get through the talking, or you can skip ahead to 1:36 where the singing begins. It's lame that Aoi and Mao don't get mics, but at least they switch of halfway through. As for the song, I like the melody in the beginning, and even the following melody too. Overall it's pretty cool!
_______________________________________

01. Yume Miru Ichigo (Single, not album)



2009.07.28
~ Aoi, Mao, Kanae

Yay! You actually get to hear Aoi loud and clear here! She has the opening solo of Pinkish's most popular (out of all their songs, I think) song. The song is so simple but it's really sweet and makes you want to do the hand motions for it. I think she sounds sensational, except she sort of loses volume towards the end of her solo. Kanae also solos, and she's as darling as ever.

I adore the melodies in this!! The slowerish beginning with less backing-music, followed by the upbeat clap-along verse that is so catchy. Then the pretty prechorus with more flow leading into the cute chorus that you heard at the start. And there is a little bit of everything; solos, duets, and full-group lines. I love how the audience claps along the whole time!



2009.10.06 ~ Mao, Tooru, Aoi

Same song, another performance. I like that (as far as I have seen with this song) the girls take turns singing the different parts. For example, this time Mao starts off the song. I said before that she doesn't always sound super confident, and here is what I meant. She sounds really good, especially her first two "Ichigo"s. I think maybe it's nerves or something, but just sounds a little wavery at times. She didn't get any solos in the previous video of this song, so I'm glad that she got lines in this one.

Instead of Kanae, we have Tooru this time and she has the other solos, leaving Aoi with none- but she had them last time, so it all works out. I really like Tooru's first solo, in the pre-chorus, especially her last few words ("deai arukara" or something). Another thing that's different; in the first video, the 1st few part of the verse following the opening is sung as a duet. In this performance, Mao sings it solo, and then after her is a duet. Anyways, I really like this song!
_______________________________________



0 comments:

Post a Comment