Twinkle Twinkle, sweet SG

Aren't they adorable?! I've been meaning to blog about SG again, gathering pictures and any info I could find the last few days, so here we go! When I saw the above image I wanted to start off with the formation of さくら学院 バトン部『Twinklestars』. Or as I am simply going to call them; Twinklestars (or if you prefer, Tinkurusutazu). I read about it in the news section of Sakura Gakuin's website.

The seven girls are all members of the main group- thus I suppose I see this as sort of a subunit. The girls are (from left to right in the photo); Moa, Hinata, Marina, Ayami, Raura, Nene and Yui. As the picture easily tells us, they will be doing more than the usual; they'll also be twirling batons!

I'm not positive yet if they are meant to be a performing group, but their site also mentions a 'pre-debut single' which makes me think that they will be. Their single is listed as Dear Mr.Socrates, which will include only the song and instrumental. It's going for ¥800 and will be online only. There is also a news page on their very own website, which has similar info listed + more!

_______________________________________


I wish I had more Sakura Gakuin material to write about. The only performance or video-anything I can find is of Yume ni Mukatte. Which I utterly love!! But in news, they have announced the release of their debut single! I found the info at tokyograph and tokyohive; both include a brief bit of info on the group, and also mention SG's first solo event.

Though the former called it "Sakura Gakuin Matsuri" while the latter named it as "Sakura Gakuin-sai ☆2010" ~ I think it is the second one, but I'm not positive. (Their website lists it as さくら学院祭☆2010). Here is the single on YesAsia and HMV. The tracks are to be Yume ni Mukatte (夢に向かって), Hello ! IVY, and School Days + an instrumental of each song.

_______________________________________

New profile pics! They can be viewed on the profile section of their website. I've ordered the girls to my current preference. I really love Suzuka and Ayami. But I've also come to ADORE Raura!! So I can firmly say that they are my top three at the moment, though in no set 1 2 3 order. I also really like Moa a ton! After that the order is sort of loose. With not a lot to go off of, the remaining six girls can be mixed around.

As I said back in my 'Early Impressions' entry- Miyaka isn't a super favorite right off the bat but I do like her singing, and I think Airitsu will grow on me with time. I really love Hinata in the TIF performace, and I also like Marina quite a bit. If anyone, I'd say that they're probably my faves after the first three, at this time. Yui and Nene are both SO cute, and I do like them, but I'd like more time to form better opinions.

_______________________________________

And last but not least, I don't remember if I've mentioned Sushipafu yet. It's a blog that has a good amount of entries on Karen Girl's and Sakura Gakuin (the writer is a big fan of Ayami). There are some good pictures, for anyone interested in taking a look!

I'd also like to credit the two screenshots of the TIF performance to natalie, which though it sounds like a person it is really a music website. It's all Japanese, which for some can be a bit tricky to navigate, but the amount of pictures you can find there are so worth it. Including a lot of live shots from the Tokyo Idol Festival!!! I am loving it~

There are also images from the Idol Unit Summer Festival 2010, which I had briefly heard about before, but never by name. There are some awesome pictures of Momoiro Clover, SKE48, S/mileage and Bump.y!! Which is an awesome group that I discovered through the blog Aidorabu, and plan on writing about in the future. I am dying to get a video of any of the performances!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment