Pinkish: Info (Part 1/2)

At first it started out with difficultly finding information about Pinkish (or Pinkisshu). An hour or so of researching later, and there is a LOT more to the group than I originally thought. They are the second to sing in the 5th video of TIF, following after Idoling!!! They only get around 27 seconds of spotlight, but it's something!

The quest for info! I like to dig up background on these groups, because it's interesting and fun. Though it's also sometimes quiet a chore if the group isn't well known. Over the last few days I've spent some time listening to Pinkish and trying to find out more about them. I first tried looking for videos on YT, and turned up with around 5 to 6!

The next step would be using search sites (I'm such a Google gal), but the problem is that with a name like Pinkish -lacking kanji or even romaji- I got a lot of results about things pinkish colored, makeup, etc. Totally unrelated to the Japanese idol unit. So then I used my thinking cap, and googled for 'google.jp' ~ since whenever you see that little 'jp' in a URL you know it's a Japanese site.

And TADA, I clicked on the link it turned up and from there I again searched Pinkish. The websites results were a little confusing for me, so I switched to images and was quite successful! Especially on one blog in particular; www.ecity.ne.jp ~ I'm not exactly sure who writes it, though I think it covers going-ons in the Saitama Prefecture.

The blog is linked to the YT account Saijiman; which is pretty much the only place I could find Pinkish's videos. Here are all of the entries under the label Pinkisshu. There are a lot of good pictures of the girls at different events, mainly from 2009. At the TIF only three girls performed, thus I first thought it a trio unit. But after finding their ja.wikipedia page, I learned differently.

The above is a list of members, present and former. I was confused for a little bit as to whether their current overall number is 4 or 5. But I think I got it figured out, so here is a little timeline to go by (info was hard to come by, so I could be incorrect. Don't hold me to it, lol). L = leader. Also note that the names are not listed in order of appearance for the pictures, with the exception of the 2010 pic.

2002: Takako (L), Miho, Kaori

2003: Takoko (L), Miho, Kaori, Haruna, Mami
*Two new members

2004: Miho, Kaori (L), Haruna, Mami
[pics from 2005, Kaori not present]
*Takako graduates


2006: Kaori (L), Haruna, Mami, Mina
*Miho graduates, Mina joins
*Album released [PS .Doyo No Furusato Kara]


2008: Kaori (L), Haruna, Mami, Mina
*Single released [Yume Miru Ichiho]

2009: All four members graduate
*New girls- Tooru, Mao, Kanae, Aoi

2009: Haruna returns
*Lineup- Tooru, Mao, Kanae, Aoi, Haruna (L)

2010 Starting top left, going clockwise:
Nakazato Haruna (L), Nakamura Kana (called Kanae),
Nishiura Mao, Yumoto Mamoru (goes by Aoi)
*Tooru graduates

I'll write more tomorrow, it's late. I have Pinkish videos to share, as well as more pictures, and my thoughts on their performances -including the short bit at TIF.

0 comments:

Post a Comment