S☆G (EI) Part 1

The first group to perform on stage at TIF2010 was SUPER☆GiRLS! I spent some time yesterday and tonight doing my homework on them (lol) and I've actually had a good time doing so. Sakura Gakuin has captured my heart, but I'm still happy to get around the idol-group world a bit.

There is quite a bit of negativity when it comes to this group, because their name is a little lame. It was also SNSD's old name. And it also reminds me of Super Junior. On top of that SG wants to top AKB48, which has got said group's fans buzzing. But though I've read some of the negative comments, I'm ignoring them and giving these girls a go!

A lot of the decisions that are made for singing groups are by the higher-ups and management, the singers often have no choice in things (like what their group will be named). I bet the girls in SUPERGIRLS are simply happy at the chance to sing and experience!

Here is their official website, including profiles and other fun stuff. Another thing about me doing this blog, is that I'm spending more time on Japanese websites than I ever have. I'm getting better at navigating them!! Anyways, I took the above pics from SUPERGIRLS' profile page, except I switched the order around.

GOTO AYA! and RUKA! and RINO! They are my current faves! So that's they're at the top. I really like Hikaru too. It took me a bit to tell Saori, Hikaru, and Rika apart in their performance and so I'm wishywashy on how much I like them at the moment. The order I have the girls in isn't definite, just sort of an outline of my current likes, less-likes and undecided.


SUPEGIRLS performed NIJIIRO Star first at the Tokyo Idol Festival. Before I get to talking about the girls individually, I wanna say some stuff about the overall thing. This song didn't wow me, I didn't really like it at first but after a dozen+ listens it has grown on me.

But OMG the chorus starts out sounding just like the verse melody in v-u-den's Koisuru Angel Heart. I know, I know. Another H!P comparison, but I can't help it. The second I heard the chorus, bells were going off in my head, and I was like; egah what does this remind me of? But it's only the first line or two that sounds similiar, I like the other melodies in this SUPERGIRL song too.

The opening "yeah yeah" "wow wow" etc parts are really cool!! I like the verse melody and the pre-chorus is short but sweet. I LOVE the "chu chu ru chu" whatever sounds they make in the second half, right before more solos and the last chorus. Overall I think they could do much better, I hope their debut song is something good.

I poked around the girls' blogs a bit (they each have their own!) and I found that Goto Aya often ends her entries as Gocchan ~ So that is what I am going to call her! If you watch the video in this entry, at the end of it are the introductions. I was drawn to Gotchan immediately!! I love her attitude, her confidence, and she seems like a funny & smart girl. Plus -much like with Hinata of Sakura Gakuin- I noticed Gotchan mouthing along even when it wasn't her turn to sing. Which is such a me thing, lol. I'm dying to hear her solo! As of now, she is my favorite.

Mizote Ruka is SO CUTE! When I heard her introduce herself I about died, because she is really too adorable. I wanna hug her! I think her hairpieces are hilarious, they stick up in the air so much! But it endears her to me even more, and the moment I saw her I was instantly reminded of the pokemon Gulpin! Cause it has a little feather that sticks up in a similar way on top of it's head. Thus I am nicknaming her Rukapin! She also makes me think of a herbavore dinasaur. Cute, harmless, and leafy green. Weird I know, but that's that. You do get to hear her solo, and though I think she sang a little fast, she sounds very promising!!

I am already thinking of these two as the Sparkle twins LOL, I don't know why. It's too early for me to have real opinions on them, but it came to mind nonetheless. It's partially 'cause in their interviews, Rino "kira kira"d and Hikaru "pika pika"d. Anyways~ I will go ahead and say it; Katsuta Rino has noticable ears, but I think they're cute and part of what makes her who she is. I am going to call her Rinozou! I really like her voice!! She is adorable when speaking, I totally dig her singing.

Whoa. I really had Eri, Hikaru and Rika mixed up. But I got it figured out. Watanabe Hikaru is such a cutie! She goes by Pikarun on her blog, so that's what I'm going with. I really like watching her perform at TIF, she has good stage presence- always smiling and making kawaii expressions / movements. That goes for all of the girls, really, but I find Pikarun irresistible. She's a cheerful cute bumble bee in my head, and I think yellow is her color!

. . . to be continued!

0 comments:

Post a Comment