Intro

Okay I suppose I'd better start with why I am beginning yet another blog. I got far enough with H!PE to be content with knowing my Hello Project gals better, though I'd still like to explore the groups I don't know so well. I am a complete failure when it comes to AKB48. That blog didn't go very far, but I liked learning at least some basic stuff about them, and one day would like to continue. I like them, but I guess I've never really fallen in love with them.

Recently TGS (Tokyo Girls' Style) and Momoiro Clover have taken the jpop girl-group world by storm! They've gained quite a bit of notice and have released some good songs. But aside from the world of H!P, I don't listen to a lot of other girl-groups (excluding female groups like SNSD, Wonder Girls, f(x) etc, since I consider them more mature). I don't know anything about them!

I do however LOVE Karen Girl's. I recently blogged over on H!PE (my random whatever blog now, lol) about how I had discovered Sakura Gakuin! ! ! ! I am so excited about them! BUT one thing lead to another, and I have now discovered TIF- the Tokyo Idol Festival! They basically feature a ton of non-H!P girl groups, 2010 is it's first year running! I love H!P, but it is sad that they and AKB basically dominate the jpop girl-group world.

Inspiration TIF 2.1. Does the blog title make more sense now? (2.1. = 2010) I know it's kind of lame. But Karen Girl's and Sakura Gakuin have inspired me to really reach outside of H!P. I want to at least listen to lots of other girl groups, I don't have to love them, but if I find a new group or girl to love; great!

With running Blabodu, I don't think I'll have a lot of time for this, but it's sort of a mini side project. Like H!PE was. It's a documentation of my exploration, and purely for my own enjoyment! Anyways~ TIF featured a lot of groups *o* You can see for yourselves here. More than 30 groups!!

I found info on the Tokyo Idol Festival on this blog (these entries too; x x), it's still so new that there isn't much info on it around the web. What I'd like to do here is go through all of the parts of the TIFestival concert! And one group at a time, research and try to find out more about them! Let's see how this goes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment